Throughout the year, Spare Parts offers unpaid internships for college and high school students. Interns will work closely with our team at the Spare Parts Center for Creative Reuse.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The Spare Parts Intern will gain hands-on experience in each step in the process of operations for our second-hand store. From the intake of materials, to the processing of donations, to sales floor merchandising, and finally, the checkout process. Interns will also assist with the pillars that drive the mission which include, volunteer coordination, educational program development, digital marketing and communications, and fundraising development. The Spare Parts Intern will work closely with our Board of Directors and will be assigned special projects and tasks tailored to their specific areas of interest or expertise that help elevate the organization.
Spare Parts Interns will become part of a team of volunteers, committee members, and board members who are all committed to the organization’s mission to advancing reuse and sustainability through creativity and the arts. By the end of the Internship, the Spare Parts Intern will have a good working knowledge of what it takes to run a small second-hand store and the role and impact a small nonprofit can make for the local community.
- Basic computer skills: ipad tablets, printers, email, text messaging
- Interest and knowledge in the arts a plus
- Interest and knowledge of sustainable practices a plus
- Position Environment
- Standing and walking around for multiple hours
- Lifting and moving items up to 50lbs
- Reaching top and bottom of shelves
- Occasional use of step stools and ladders
- Working with second-hand donations that may be prone to dust and other allergens
- Must be available to intern during our normal operating hours
If you meet the above criteria and wish to Intern at Spare Parts please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com by the corresponding deadlines.
Important Deadlines & Dates:
Application Deadline: January 15th
Internship: February – April
Application Deadline: May 15th
Internship: June – August
Application Deadline: August 15th
Internship: September – November